Thursday 9 May 2013

Ronald Searle



Ronald Searle

Ronald Searle work I really like in the technique that he uses to create his illustrated work. The use of line drawing he uses creates a lot of texture, movement and mood into the images that he creates which brings the work to life. In some of his work he does rarely use some colour which draws your eye to the colour aspect of the drawing which is a focal point of the image.  When being given the task of designing the book cover for The Wind in the Willows I researched Ronald for ideas on the techniques he uses to create his own work which helped me come up with some great ideas for some designed.

 http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57665000/jpg/_57665558_jex_1278312_de27-1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. From seeing your wind in the willow book cover I can see how you have taken inspiration from this artist, and I too like how the line drawings give texture and definition to the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete