Thursday 9 May 2013

Shirley Hughes



Shirley Hughes

Shirley Hughes is an illustration artist that I have not come across before and does not influence me that much with my own work because I’m more graphic based, however I do like the tone, textures and colours put into her work which brings the characters to life and gives them emotions.

 



Shirley Hughes, born 16 July 1927, lives in London is a well-known English author and illustrator. She has sold over 11.5million books and has only written about fifty books, and has illustrated more than two hundred.  She was won many awards such as the Kate Greenaway Medals for British children's book illustration in 1977 and 2003 and 1977 winner, Dogger, was named in 2007 the public favourite winning work of the first fifty years.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment